Organization Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe e.V, within the RECONOMY project “Digitalization of sectors
with growth potential for better economic opportunities”, announces the following vacancy:
Project Officer – (Management System Approach)
1 Position in Sarajevo, full-time position, limited contract duration of 12 months with the possibility
of extension until December 2026
RECONOMY is an inclusive and green economic development program of the Swedish International
Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), implemented by HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in
cooperation with Help and other partner organizations in the Eastern Partnership and the Western
For the implementation of this programme we are seeking asap a skilled and dedicated Project Officer
Manager to lead and implement initiatives related to digitalization of sectors with growth potential
for better economic opportunities and green jobs using a Management System Approach. As an
Project Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive
management system that integrates sustainable practices into job creation and procurement
processes. Your role will involve collaborating with stakeholders, analysing existing systems,
identifying areas for improvement, and implementing strategies to enhance sustainability in the
workforce and procurement activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project
management, sustainability, and systems thinking, with a passion for driving positive environmental
and social impact.
1) Supervise and support the work of Implementing Partners in BiH through regular exchanges
and direct collaboration by the Partnership Agreements entered with these organisations.
2) Identify potential implementing partners for the RECONOMY programme as Market actor.
3) Regularly meet and support the work of BiH regional pilot projects’ implementing partners’
counterparts in BiH.
4) Ensure coordination with other donor-funded development projects and with Sida initiatives
in WB for potential synergies.
5) Provide backstopping support to Partners in the application of an MSD approach and related
tools and coordinate additional technical inputs by internal and external resource persons.
6) Conduct continuous research and development in BiH to identify entry points for systemic
intervention and new partnerships in line with the Help/Helvetas Partnership Agreement.
7) Coordinate the programme’s activities in BiH with governments and other critical
stakeholders, ensuring transparency and an overall collaborative environment.
8) Regularly meet implementing partners in BiH to assure quality in implementation and
achievement of objectives, to obtain, analyse and update on country developments – potential
challenges/ risks and opportunities.
9) Prepare and provide regular progress reports as requested by Helvetas Qualification requirements for the Project Officer
*The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of three years of professional working experience in NGO sector, preferably in
• Experience with carrying out qualitative interviews
• Experience working in the ICT sector.
• Familiarity with value chain analysis or similar tools
• Familiarity with Gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), Women economy
empowerment (WEE) or similar strategies will be an asset
• Excellent analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Fluency in BHS languages are expected
• Experience with market systems development approach will be a distinct advantage
• Good management and organizational skills, self- initiative, responsibility, and reliability
• Developed analytical skills and experience in reporting
• Advanced communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
• University degree in public administration, economics, law, political sciences, social
sciences or related field is an asset.
• Good IT skills
• Possession of valid driving license B category
• Willingness to work in the field
Joining our team as a Project Officer will provide you with a unique opportunity to drive positive
change through the integration of sustainable practices in green job creation and procurement
processes. If you possess strong project management skills, a passion for sustainability, and the ability
to think systemically, we invite you to apply.
Interested candidates, with the required qualifications, may submit their application, including a letter
of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae, and references to Help electronically latest by the 14.08.2023
all in English language.
Expected starting date of employment: 01.09.2023
Please indicate the post title in the subject line.
Additional proof (diplomas etc.) are not needed at this stage.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only those candidates that are shortlisted for interviews will be notified.
Job interviews will be conducted in English language